Thursday, May 21, 2015

Statement from the Duggars

Please read the following messages:

From Jim Bob and Michelle:

Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives. When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before. Even though we would never choose to go through something so terrible, each one of our family members drew closer to God. We pray that as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family. We have challenges and struggles everyday. It is one of the reasons we treasure our faith so much because God’s kindness and goodness and forgiveness are extended to us — even though we are so undeserving. We hope somehow the story of our journey — the good times and the difficult times — cause you to see the kindness of God and learn that He can bring you through anything.

From Josh:

Twelve years ago, as a young teenager I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends. I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life. I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life. I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions. In my life today, I am so very thankful for God’s grace, mercy and redemption.

From Anna:

I can imagine the shock many of you are going through reading this. I remember feeling that same shock. It was not at the point of engagement, or after we were married - it was two years before Josh asked me to marry him. When my family and I first visited the Duggar Home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn't know why he was sharing it. For Josh he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was -- even every difficult past mistakes. At that point and over the next two years, Josh shared how the counseling he received changed his life as he continued to do what he was taught. And when you, our sweet fans, first met me when Josh asked me to marry him... I was able to say, "Yes" knowing who Josh really is - someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended. Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right. I want to say thank you to those who took time over a decade ago to help Josh in a time of crisis. Your investment changed his life from going down the wrong path to doing what is right. If it weren't for your help I would not be here as his wife — celebrating 6 1/2 years of marriage to a man who knows how to be a gentleman and treat a girl right. Thank you to all of you who tirelessly work with children in crisis, you are changing lives and I am forever grateful for all of you.

23 comments:

  1. After all these years, why is this coming out now? For what purpose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, why now? What is it going to accomplish ?

      Delete
    2. Someone dug up his past and share it with the media. That's why. Some of the stuff I saw on here were missing elsewhere. Hmm now I know the exact info..

      Delete
    3. For what purpose ? Did you really say that ? Do you care about the people around children ? Michelle Duggar mowing the lawn in her bikini as a younger teen is one thing. But Molestation by Josh. THAT SHOULD OF BEEN BROUGHT OUT YEARS AGO !

      Delete
  2. Tabloids got a hold of some supposed documentation and ran with it, as they are wont to do. Can't let a day go by without destroying people's lives. The tabloids claim that his sisters were abused, but I won't buy that until I hear it from a Duggar directly and not from a photograph that has the tabloid's name stamped across it. Josh was 14 when it happened and it was a stupid thing to do, but if we condemned every single 14 year old for the dumb things they did nobody would ever get past the age of 14! I still stand by them, no matter what. I respect the strength of their faith in God and their family bond with each other. I never had a close family and it amazes me that a family of this size can not only get along, but actually love and care for each other. God's forgiveness is what Josh needs to focus on because it's His forgiveness that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's in the past, so leave it there. We all make mistakes especially in our teenager years. We need to move on. Honestly, don't worry about a lot of us being shocked, it doesn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every Christian has a past and every Sinner has a future

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for the family to get through this sad time and I will continue to support the family as everyone has not been in the world's eye and so there lives and past are their own but since this family let the world in some people have been waiting to take them down and wouldn't be surprised if it was someone purposely attempting to hurt the families fame just sad to attack the family I SUPPORT the Duggar's and hope that people just leave the judgment to who matter GOD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray that God continues to Bless the Duggars. You know that people thrive on making others miserable especially when they seem to have more than they do. Josh made a decision to act inappropriately as a 14 year old child that was dealt with at the time & from what I read, he admitted his transgression, period. I just hope a decision to end the show on TLC doesn't happen. It would be a sad thing. I am a huge Duggar supporter and I hope the naysayers just leave them alone.

      Delete
  6. I wish that people would destroy others life's cause they have nothing better to do. It was a juvenile case it should be closed and remain that way. I don't care what he did then why should anyone else. No one is perfect, when you are then you can judge. Into then be quite and take a seat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only God can judge because we are all sinners. The moment a person choses to forgive.with all the love in ones heat all should be forgotten. No need for constant reminder because an old wound wont properly health if we listen to the enemy instead of the Lord. God bless this family and everyone out there. And to the Duggars do not let other of us sinners bring you down. God is good and tests us all the time but never leaves us alone don't ever loose your faith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leave the past in the past. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. I am so over the way people hurt others all the time. I believe in your family and as long as GOD forgives you that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the bible says:
    3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst
    4 they said to him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery.
    5 Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?"
    6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground.
    7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."
    8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground.
    9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him.
    10 Jesus stood up and said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
    11 She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more."]] - John 8:3-11

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every single person on this earth has made terrible mistakes, sin is sin. But Josh made apologies, asked for forgiveness and is a Christian husband, daddy, brother and son. I wish that every person with a stone in their hand would examine themselves and like Jesus said, "Let you without sin, cast the first stone". I am certain, like in the bible stones will drop to the ground and those stone throwers will realize that nobody is perfect, not even themselves. Praying for your family. Thank you for your Christian witness. Tammy, KY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let he, who is without sin, cast the first stone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I pray that God continues to bless your family and if God can forgive and Josh's has sought therapy and prayer. Let him be the husband and father God has blessed him to be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I very much enjoy the Duggar's TV show. No family is perfect and, with a family that large, the odds of imperfections increase exponentially. While the transgressions of Josh are not mine to forgive, I do admit to disappointment... not in him but in his behavior. I must also admit to disappointment in the family, so open and up front in the media with their high standards and moral values, who would yet "sweep under the rug" this untoward behavior of one of it members as though it never happened. I throw no stones; just feel a bit disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It isnt even a matter of being "good" or "bad". We are HUMAN beings. Sexual arousal is instinctual. Repressing and restraining those normal, typical HUMAN urges is a learned behavior. So he hadn't learned yet. How many male teens acted on desires? It is disgusting that this has been made public. He was a kid and I consider teens kids, too, esp these days. Only evil wins by having taken this public. The victims wounds are re-opened and the whole rest of the family suffers, too. To what end? HUMANS feel sexual desires and it is necessary to in order to continue the species. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. God bless all The Duggars at this time. You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does anyone know why Josiah was sent to the same camp as Josh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! We answer as many of your questions as we can, but due to the number of comments we receive daily, we are unable to answer every one. Our aim is to post all points of view, but we do not post anything that is profane, insulting, derogatory, or in poor taste.