Friday, April 17, 2015

Derick's blog: A Letter To Israel

Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me.  I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.  Sing, O heavens, for the Lord has done it; shout, O depths of the earth; break forth into singing, O mountains, O forest, and every tree in it!  For the Lord has redeemed Jacob, and will be glorified in Israel.  Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb; I am the Lord, who made all things, who spread out the earth by myself, who frustrates the signs of liars and makes fools of diviners, who turns wise men back and makes their knowledge foolish, who confirms the word of his servant and fulfills the counsel of his messengers, who says of Jerusalem, ‘She shall be inhabited’, and of the cities of Judah, ‘They shall be built, and I will raise up their ruins’; who says to the deep, ‘Be dry; I will dry up your rivers’; who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd, and he shall fulfill all my purpose’; saying of Jerusalem, ‘She shall be built’, and of the temple, ‘Your foundation shall be laid.’”     -Isaiah 44:21-28

To Israel, my firstborn son:       
            I read these verses in my time with the Lord this morning, and I wanted to pen them specifically for you.  Just as the Lord spoke of the nation of Israel, I pray He would accomplish in you.  I pray that you, Israel, whom I already love more than anybody, except mom of course J, would turn to the Lord early in your life and glorify Him with all that is within you.     
Though we are still waiting on your physical birth, I want you to know that mom and I are already praying for your spiritual birth.  The world has not met you yet, but the Lord our God already knows everything about you and who you will be.  After all, He is forming you as we speak!  How awesome is our God, the God of Israel!  None shall prevail against Him!       
It is so neat to have felt you kicking, punching, and turning inside of mom for months now.  Even if it doesn’t always feel the best for mom, I know the joy you bring makes it up for her. J       
I pray that you will continue to grow, in stature, in knowledge, and in wisdom, true wisdom, that is from the Lord.  And know that I love you son and I always will, no matter what.  I will say it again… I love you Israel!  -Your daddy

2 comments:

  1. This is so articulate as well as so beautiful. You and Jill make my heart smile, God bless you both

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! We answer as many of your questions as we can, but due to the number of comments we receive daily, we are unable to answer every one. Our aim is to post all points of view, but we do not post anything that is profane, insulting, derogatory, or in poor taste.